Posted: Jun 15, 2013 7:46 PM by Katie Ferber, KSBY News
Updated: Jun 17, 2013 4:17 AM
San Luis Obispo City Fire Department crews responded to a house fire on Saturday.
They say the kitchen of a home on Kentucky Avenue caught fire when an oven mitt caught fire.
The elderly woman who lives in the home suffered minor smoke inhalation trying to put out the flames before fire crews arrived.
Damage is estimated at $3,000. Fire officials say the home did not have working smoke detectors. They installed some before leaving the scene.
PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS
Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.
Thank you! KSBY.com
Get deals up to 80% off here!
Find the lowest gas prices in your area
Submit your photos to KSBY
Check out our calendar of events
Save with Hot Deals across our counties!
Events across the Central Coast
Follow The CW5 on Facebook.
The KSBY online public file.
What do you think? Leave us your feedback.
KSBY is your official CA Lottery station for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties