Feb 19, 2013 1:43 AM by Katie Ferber, KSBY News

Fire investigators say fire at local business caused by rags soaked in solvent

Fire crews determined the cause of a structure fire at Cal-State Auto Glass on Skyway Drive and Betteravia Road in Santa Maria.

People who work at the business say the last employees left the building 20 minutes before the fire broke out.

Fire investigators say the cause of the fire was unintentional and originated in a pile of solvent soaked rags left in the workshop area.

Minor smoke and water damage occurred to the two adjacent businesses.

No injuries were reported. Fire crews put the fire out in approximately 25 minutes. Damage is estimated at $100,000 to the structure, and $50,000 to the contents inside.



Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4