National News

Aug 16, 2013 4:07 PM by NBC News

Toddler dies after eating colorful laundry detergent pod

(WESH) A 7-month-old Kissimmee, Florida child died after eating a laundry detergent pod that was left on a bed Friday.

According to police, the child and the child's mother live in a battered women's shelter.

The mother took the pod and put it on the bed where the child was sleeping, and she stepped out of the room for a moment to speak with a shelter official.

When she went back to the room, the child was eating the detergent, police said. The child was rushed to the hospital where he died.

Read more: http://bit.ly/18zDMYF

»Comments

PLEASE HELP US MODERATE COMMENTS

Offensive or inappropriate comments are subject to removal. To report a comment, please e-mail us at feedback@ksby.com, and include the name of the story and information on the comment.

Thank you! KSBY.com


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4